Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Because I Thought of Chicago....






The best time to go up the John Hancock tower in Chicago is an hour before sunset. We went up at 6 pm this summer, walked along its four sides taking in the views of endless Lake Michigan, the downtown sky scrapers and the flat Chicago suburbs. Then a little before sunset we settled down at a nice corner table with some coffee to watch the sun sink over the ‘Windy City’. For half an hour as the sun goes down, painting everything orange, pink and eventually black and when the twinkling lights come on across a neat urban grid, you feel like you just watched a large living thing change its clothes in front of you.

9 comments:

matcher said...

Wow!!! Skyscrapers....
When can get to see some postings of Burj Dubai on your blog?

Alaphia Zoyab said...

You mean Burj Khalifa. Not going there for a while.

HRV said...

Nice. I mean the short text, not the pics. (Not that the photos aren't awesome, but aren't all great photos great anyway?)

Alaphia Zoyab said...

Yes.. great photos are great. That has to be the most profound thing I've said today. And thanks!

Bharath Reddy said...

I don't know whether I'm posting this in the right place or not..but lemme say..

My name is Bharath Reddy Punuru. I was looking at your website and wanted to find out if it would be possible to advertise with you. I would be willing to pay you a monthly fee just to have a link to my website in your blog roll. No need for a banner ad or anything just a link to my site in your blog roll. I don’t know if you are accepting advertisers but basically I would be happy to pay just for a link.

Please let me know if you have any questions as I assure you I am a serious and would very much like to do business with you.

email me
workforpeter@gmail.com


Thank you very much,

Bharath Reddy Punuru

Sathej said...

Somehow reminds me of the Sky Tower at Auckland..nice pics, Alaphia :)

Sathej

Alaphia Zoyab said...

Thanks Sathej. I will check out the Sky Tower.

Ravi said...

Is this the erstwhile 'Sears Tower'? I had been on top of it when it was called that, but unfortunately it was a cloudy day and I did not get the view that you have posted here.

Wonderful pictures on this post!

Alaphia Zoyab said...

Hi Ravi,
Thanks a lot. No, this is the John Hancock tower. I have been up Sears as well and I think John Hancock offers a better view.